1. Adopt a fresh, positive attitude about “the change”. Menopause is a natural life transition experienced by every woman in the world. Toss away any old, outworn beliefs about how “terrible” this time of life is. Adopt a positive attitude by becoming aware of what’s really happening and why. Knowledge is empowerment! Focus on the many positive aspects of this transformative time of life.
2. Understand the difference between perimenopause and menopause. Your midlife transition unfolds in two distinctly different phases ~ perimenopause and menopause. Each phase has a unique set of symptoms (with only a few common to both) and each phase requires a completely different approach. What works to relieve your symptoms in menopause (estrogen deficiency) can actually make you feel worse during perimenopause (estrogen dominance.)
3. Identify your symptoms as estrogen dominance or estrogen deficiency. Ours is the first generation to experience extreme estrogen dominance. Understanding estrogen dominance will empower you to make wiser dietary and lifestyle choices.
4. Use Organic Excellence Bio-Identical Progesterone Cream. During perimenopause, Feminine Balance Therapy restores healthy progesterone levels to balance excess estrogen. In menopause and beyond, or following a hysterectomy, Balance Plus Therapy with added Phytoestrogens stimulates the estrogen receptors throughout your body for the most natural way to enhance estrogen levels. Identical to the progesterone naturally produced during ovulation and pregnancy, is completely safe and highly effective and it takes the guesswork out of achieving hormonal balance. Just use it!
5. Eliminate the possibility of hormone related health conditions. Don’t dismiss all of your symptoms as “just hormones”. Undiagnosed hormone related conditions are common in midlife. Their symptoms both mimic and intensify your normal symptoms and can put you at risk for more serious health conditions later in life.
6. Follow current, accurate information. Use caution when searching for information and products on websites, articles and books. There are far too many unqualified people offering downright dangerous information, not to mention misleading and confusing pharmaceutical company funded clinical studies. New discoveries and products are constantly introduced, so be sure what you’re following is current.
7. Always check for contraindications. If you have existing health conditions and/or use prescription medications, please don’t miss this step. Always check for contraindications before adding supplements, herbs and even certain foods. Never stop using medications without first consulting your doctor. (The Organic Excellence Progesterone Creams do not have any contraindications.)
8. Choose supplements and herbs carefully. We become super sensitive during perimenopause and menopause, making it essential to read ingredients carefully. Choose supplements and herbs free of preservatives, unnecessary fillers, endocrine disrupting chemicals and food coloring. Avoid soy products (soy elevates estrogen and compromise thyroid function) during perimenopause and choose NON-GMO, fermented soy in menopause and beyond.
9. Make positive dietary changes. Dietary changes are essential during perimenopause and menopause. What you do and don’t eat, portion size and the frequency of your meals have a huge impact on the quality of your life. Nourish your body, mind and spirit with healthy foods!
10. Establish proactive, preventative health strategies. Heart disease and osteoporosis are the “silent symptoms” of menopause and beyond. (There is compelling evidence showing that progesterone cream slows bone loss and stimulates new bone growth) Initiate preventative health strategies now with proper diet, exercise, stress management, supplements and holistic modalities proven effective for long-term, comprehensive wellness. The quality of the many years ahead depends on it!
11. Choose “clean” foods and personal care products. Choose organic foods, especially meats and dairy products to help eliminate excess estrogens, chemicals, pesticides and preservatives. Remember, what you put on your skin goes in your body. Examine your personal care products for ingredients known to be endocrine disruptors. Without your knowledge, they can make you feel worse and be potentially dangerous. For your personal care needs, choose the chemical free Organic Excellence products.
12. Utilize effective stress management techniques. Ease your transition by learning to effectively reduce and manage stress. Consider yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, deep breathing, journaling, walking, jogging or any number of stress reduction techniques.
13. Learn to “listen” to your symptoms. Your symptoms have an important message for you. Know that everything you have put on the back burner will surface in midlife. Stored resentments, unhealed wounds, losses you haven’t yet grieved ~ all will demand your attention now. Learn to listen to your symptoms and allow them to guide you to areas of your life in need of attention.
14. Take time for YOU! After years of putting the needs and desires of others before your own, it’s time for YOU! Taking quiet time to go inward has never been more important than during perimenopause and menopause. Give yourself permission to rest, restore, reflect and reevaluate your life. Create a safe place to go within. Journaling helps you explore where you’ve been as you reinvent yourself for life’s next chapter.